Tuesday, December 13, 2011

The Good Life

Yesterday on our way to our final Albuquerque brunch with Javi's parents (more on their wonderful trip later) I wasn't feeling all that good and kind of feeling down for the day.  Not five blocks from our home I saw a rusty old bike on the side of the road sort-of parked at the curb.  I looked around the bike for the owner and that's when I saw him: a middle-aged man digging through the dumpster.  Thank you, Heavenly Father, for my life and that I don't need to dig through the dumpster and please bless that dear man who is just trying to find ways to make ends meet and make the necessities possible.

About five blocks after that we saw seven police cars at an intersection with their lights flashing.  As we got closer we saw the skateboard and the jacket and the tracing of where the young body had laid after being hit and killed on a morning ride.  When I think of the sad family and friends as they learned about the death of their love just 13 days before Christmas, I want to cry.  Bless those sweet people.

If you haven't watched the video below, I encourage you to do so.  It's so easy to forget how much just a little bit of giving can do.

Lets go do some good.

1 comment:

  1. I love reading your blog. You have such great perspectives. Much love...Melissa

    ReplyDelete