Our main comfort food in this house is our favorite thing called 'Turkey Tetrazzini' except I've never made it with Turkey. Chicken works just fine for us. So, here it is, straight from the Lion House cookbook.
- 8 ounces spaghetti broken in pieces and cooked
- 5 T butter
- 6 T flour
- 3 c. chicken or turkey broth
- 1 c light cream (I've never used cream. I always just use a cup of milk.)
- 1 t salt (I ALWAYS use more)
- 1 t pepper
- 1 c fresh or canned mushrooms, including juice
- 5 T minced green peppers
- 3 c cooked turkey, cubed
- 1/2 c grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 c shredded cheddar cheese
Melt butter in skillet, blend in flour. Stir broth into flour mixture. Add cream (or milk). Cook until mixture thickens and bubbles. Add salt and pepper, drained spaghetti, mushrooms, green peppers, and cooked turkey. Turn into individual baking dishes or a 2-3 quart baking dish. Sprinkle with cheeses. Bake at 350 degrees for about 30 minutes or until bubbly and lightly browned. Serves 8.
Enjoy this lovely dish. Let us know what you think!
P.S. I also just made these unbelievable peanut butter chocolate chip cookies found here. Yummy.