Once Upon a Time (6 months ago to be exact) I completed the greatest achievement of my life thus far. I married my perfect match. I think this is a huge accomplishment considering how hard it is to find your perfect match but I did it. Actually, I didn't do it, my friend Jamie James found him for me. I will be forever indebted to Mr. James.
Mister is my perfect match in heaps of ways. Here are just a few to help us celebrate this six month milestone.
- He is positive about everything. I always thought that I was really optimistic...I've got nothin' on his positivity.
- Mister fits right in to my family's randomness and fly-by-the-seat-of-our-pants mentality. You see, my brothers and I grew up being thrown into wild situations at the last minute, often unprepared. Mister is a PRO at this. Doesn't phase him one single bit.
- Mister has one of the most beautiful voices I have ever heard. I love it when he sings in my ear or really loudly in the shower.
- Mister has a wide open mind. He is far more liberal than conservative which makes him my favorite. I love being married to someone whom I can agree with politically.
- Mister slow dances with me in the kitchen while I'm making dinner. Nothing can break up the monotony of cooking dinner than a little slow dance here and there.
- Mister and I love the news. We love to listen to talk radio during the day on our commutes and then talk about it over dinner at night. I really appreciate his obsession with being informed.
- Mister and I are both performers. We do really different kinds of performing which is perfect, but it is beyond wonderful to share that mindset with mi amor.
- When I come home with a shopping bag full of throw pillows, clothes, fabric, whatever, he never, ever, ever asks how much I spent or why I bought something. I really love not having to justify my purchases :)
I've never understood this trend. I made my sister in law take a "trendy" picture of us during family pictures. Nothing says "I love you" like standing really far apart and not smiling.
- Mister didn't even get one bit mad when I put his ipod through the washing machine on Tuesday. Now that's love.
- I love that he will eat everything. He is the best that way. No picky-ness in this house.
- I think he is REALLY hot. There I said it.
- Mister loves my really big, frizzy, occasionally dread-lock-ish hair. Not many guys go for the curly hair which was one of the ways I knew he was the one. As far as I'm concerned, if a man doesn't love you how you were made, he is more than wrong for you.
Exhibit A: really large AND frizzy hair.
- Mister always smells good. Yum.
- Mister is the best traveling companion I could ever want. We tend to find ourselves on adventures in unfamiliar places and I love it. He isn't afraid to try new things and he makes friends everywhere he goes...whether we speak the same languages or not.
- The Mister has made my life so happy. I didn't know that life could get any better until I met him. He has filled voids that I never knew existed. He has pulled things out of me that I didn't know I was capable of. He has caused me to love deeper than I ever knew possible. He has made me feel more beautiful than I ever have before. He is my best friend.
The past six months have been better than I could have imagined...easy as pie...a piece of cake...easy as falling off a log...you get it. So I'd like to propose a toast to the next
They are gonna be good.
Thank you, Mister Misiego, for making me the happiest girl in the world (and for having a cool last name).
All's I'm sayin' is I'm sure glad we've got forever.
BTW: I want to get married again. That was the best weekend of my life!! Maybe for our one year anniversary we'll have a reenactment. You're all invited. You don't have to bring a present just come and dance the night away. I, for one, will be found on the dance floor all night long. I will not be found standing in a line shaking hands...but thanks for asking.