For the sake of being a realistic blogger, and especially because this little piece of the web is my real-life journal, I am going to tell you how we really feel around here.
This has possibly been the worst week of our lives.
Every day brought more and more bearers of bad news. As if two or three terrible things happening each day weren't enough (because apparently they weren't) we just kept getting pounded. It has been a winner of a week.
It's really hard to explain all that went on especially because I believe in privacy and I believe that you all don't need to know every detail of our lives but between health, bills, problems and work, more health problems, and our schedules making it so that the only times we see each other is when the other one is asleep, it has been a real doozy.
BUT, I will not fail my gratitude streak so here goes (with a little sarcasm, because lets be serious, I'm Annalece Boothe Misiego. Sarcasm was my first language.)
- I'm grateful for weekends.
- I'm grateful that yesterday when I threw up while teaching 4th grade, there was a garbage can nearby.
- I'm grateful that Javi has the patience of Job because I would quickly punch some people in the face if they had done to me what they have done to him.
- I'm grateful that despite the fact that it looks like we will NOT be home for Thanksgiving (lets not talk about it) even though we bought plane tickets months ago, we will have each other to celebrate the lonely/familyless holiday with.
- I'm grateful for my in-laws because talking with Jose and Mali on speaker phone this morning and hearing Mali get super mad about this week pretty much made my day. I couldn't stop laughing.
- I'm grateful for my parents because I've done a large amount of complaining to them this week and they were very good listeners. Great work, guys.
- I'm grateful for flu shots that give you the flu. Awesome.
- I'm grateful that this week we found out that we have to move out of our house and then we found out that we don't have to move until after Christmas.
- I'm grateful that when a pit-bull came running into the library when my class was having library time, the two girls that got attacked weren't TOO injured.
- I'm grateful for the greek yogurt that is the first thing in three days that has stayed in my body. Here's to hoping it decides to make itself comfortable.
- In all seriousness I'm grateful that today I've been able to clean the house and that it now smells like Pine Sol rather than sausage from last nights Young Womens activity. I really love it when my house smells clean and I REALLY hate it when it smells like yesterdays dinner.
How's that for gratitude?