Saturday, March 31, 2012

The Special Weekend

As members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (Mormons) we have two weekends a year that are especially special.  It is a time that we get to listen to words from the leaders who lead and direct this church.  We believe that they are called of God.  We believe that the words they share over the bi-yearly "special weekends" (otherwise known as General Conference) are given to us to guide and direct us in the lives that we are currently living.  BTW this is the 182nd year of General Conference.  That's a pretty great track record!

We believe intensely that the words of ancient prophets (Moses, Abraham, etc.) were written for our day.  We believe that even though they lived thousands of years ago, there is still much to learn from them.  That's why we study the Bible AND the Book of Mormon.  But what I love is that we have LIVING prophets and apostles that teach us and lead us with what we need for today.

So no matter where you are, all over the world, you can listen HERE.  I know I will be.

image via

Another item of business.  If I were in Utah I would be literally running to the nearest Deseret Book to buy this book:  
I am always grateful for beautiful reading material that reminds us of our true purpose here on earth.  If you're in Utah, go get a copy.  It just may inspire you to do something more difficult that you thought you could handle. 

Have a glorious weekend!  I will be spending my time snuggling with my husband, enjoying the company of my daddy (who is here for the weekend), feeling my daughter kick, and eating homemade popsicles.  

That sounds perfect.

1 comment:

  1. You are amazing, Sweetheart! You inspire and encourage..keep up the great work.we all need your little pick me ups. Have a wonderful weekend snuggling with your sweetie and enjoying the comfort of having Poppa Bear to hug as well..lol Sounds pretty perfect to me too. I'm loving conference too.

    ReplyDelete