Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Finding Our Happy: Brookie


This is Brookie
Her real name is Brooke but I've never called her just Brooke ever.
She is Brookie.
She is lovely
and kind
and smart
and rather hilarious
and she blogs over at I Need a Little Fabulous
Here a little glimpse into her "happy" during this beautiful time of year.

I don't know if you know this, but I LOVE October. Like true love. Love. Top five reasons for this:

1. It's FALL! I love Fall. I love Fall colors: red, orange, yellow–rich, golden fall colors. I love Fall weather–it's cool, but not cold. You can wear sweaters. Fall-colored sweaters are most desirable. And scarves. I love scarves. And then the leaves on the trees are all changing and the mountains get colorful and it's just gorgeous! Fall weather, fall clothes, fall colors, fall mountains. Can it get better?


2. It's GENERAL CONFERENCE! I love General Conference. What's better than listening to God's chosen servants all weekend? And with General Conference weekend comes mission reunion time. And that's always fun.


3. It's PUMPKIN TIME! Oh. My. Word. I. Love. Pumpkins. Pumpkin decor, pumpkin color, pumpkin carving, pumpkin baked goods. Especially the latter. Pumpkin chocolate chip cookies, pumpkin muffins, pumpkin cake with cream cheese frosting...yep, started with that one yesterday. I love pumpkins. And carving pumpkins is strangely delightful. I love the feel of the guts in my hands. I might be weird.


4. It's HALLOWEEN! I used to dislike Halloween. I'm not one for scary stuff, and you can only take so much candy. But I've had some dang fun Halloweens since coming to BYU, including seeing The Nightmare Before Christmas and making homemade root beer with friends one year and throwing an awesome Halloween party another year with my famous Mark Boothe pumpkin. And there was Freddy the ghost sweeping across our living room. Plus that year at SHA, we drew a haunted house and we cut out pictures of everybody and included them...yep, better include that picture below too. :)


Mark Boothe pumpkin

Freddy the Ghost

SHAtastic Halloween


See? Lots of good Halloween times. This year? We'll see.


5. It's the beginning of the end. I also love October because not only is October itself awesome, but then right after that, we get November, which includes Thanksgiving. Then December, which includes Christmas. Basically October marks the beginning of the holiday season, which is my favorite.


See there, five excellent reasons for why I love this blessed month. May it bring you joy as well.



Thanks Brookie!
Don't forget to enter our giveaway for baby girl and boy accessories!

1 comment: