Wednesday, June 19, 2013

I've been thinking about maps

I would love to decorate my whole house in maps.
I like roads and I love cities.

I like that we are movers.
We move.
Lots of times.
Someday this will get old.
For now, I find it delightful to create our own list of favorite places and things.
I long for those places of homes past.
Wegmans
Slate Street
Niro's

But more than that, I have a recurring pit in my stomach because of all of the dear people we've left in each place.
It makes my heart pound.
I miss all of those people and I am so thrilled to have each of them imprinted on the story of our lives.

Every day I wish that all of the incredible people that have made us US could all move to the beach together and live in beach houses all in a row.
And we could eat dinner together,
and walk in each other's front doors without knocking,
and let our children stay out late playing night games while we sit on the porch and play cards and drink Pellegrino.

Maybe that's what we'll do in heaven.
Until then, I'm just going to have to cover my walls in maps and remember how lucky I am to have so many people in so many states and countries to love.

I love all of you people.
I'm pretty sure you should know who you are.
If you don't, I've failed miserably at sharing with you how much you mean to me.

You mean a lot.

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment