Thursday, January 20, 2011

Dear Journal,

Image via propitching.com

I'm going to tell you something. There are a lot of things that I just can't figure out. Daily I'm stopped in my tracks to try to figure out how and why things happen or people do things. I bet people wonder the same things about me too. So here you have it, the top things that I just don't get.

  • I really don't understand the minds of kidnappers. What in the world makes someone feel that they have the right to TAKE someone else. How in the world does that seem ok?
  • Road rage. Explain to me the point of yelling really loud, making obscene signs, and being angry at someone that you don't even know. We thought talking to ourselves was weird? How about YELLING by ourselves in our cars? Hilarious.
  • Perhaps my top misunderstanding is the creation of "the list". Remember how people make a list of what they want in a spouse? This is completely unbelievable to me. How dare we make a list of things that someone else has to be! As far as I'm concerned, the only person we have the right to make a "list" about is yours truly. It is so important to know what you want and what you don't want, BUT it is silly beyond belief to make a check list of how someone else has to be. That cracks me up.
  • Finally, I do not understand my need to shop. I just want to every day. I don't even feel the need to buy something everyday, I just want to wander around stores. That is weird.
Ok. There you have it. I don't get it. Not at all.

3 comments:

  1. really? shopping, you love it? maybe you should come and help me. I haven't had a successful shopping trip in a loong time. Shopping for me is too anxiety inducing, I just stopped doing it mostly. I also stopped having so many quiet fights with myself. Life is okay, I can live with old clothes if it means less shopping. I can disguise it as my way of "going green," total conservationist chic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did my Sunday School teacher in my singles ward ask us to make up a list for our future spouse two weeks ago? Why, yes ... Yes she did. Did I refuse? You bet your bottom dollar I did.I had flash backs to being in Beehives and 12-years-old again. Awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the reminder of not having a list. It's kind of fun right now to be open to so many differences, interests, quirks, etc. Who knows where I'll end up, but I'm trying my best not to be listy. :)

    ReplyDelete