Monday, January 17, 2011

Retracing my steps

Since being called into the Young Women Organization at church, I've joined forces with the wild teenagers and begun my Personal Progress Program all over again. You see, P.P. is something that teenage girls who are a part of our religion work on from the time they are 12-18. We focus on "values" which are FAITH, DIVINE NATURE, INDIVIDUAL WORTH, KNOWLEDGE, CHOICE AND ACCOUNTABILITY, GOOD WORKS, INTEGRITY, AND VIRTUE. Click HERE for more information on the program. The program centers around study, goal setting, and service and what three things could I need more of right now? Anyhow, the idea that I am struggling with the very most is that I have to keep a JOURNAL.

REALLY??

I swear that when I first completed P.P. when I was a wee lass that the whole journal thing wasn't required. Was it? Did I honestly keep a journal at some point of my life? That just really doesn't sound like me.


January 17, 2011
I was awakened this morning by my FAVORITE sound. Actually there are not many sounds that I dislike more than this one. The barking of a dog. Hold up, we don't have a dog. Luckily, the Mister has a dog barking alarm on his phone which he proceeded to hit snooze on every five minutes for an hour and a half. By the time I had been awoken 19 different times by the same non-existent dog, I was ready to bust a cap on the next furry creature that crossed my path. (Is that how the kids say that? "Bust a cap?") So I stormed over to the dresser to get ready for the gym while Mister got out of bed. Mister then proceeded to trip over a drawer that I had left open and cut his leg. Isn't it amazing how we always break even?

Mister: 1 / Lady: 1

Maybe these kinds of entries aren't exactly what the Personal Progress people had in mind.

4 comments:

  1. That is sooo funny, the alarm thing no the PP one. It must be a Misiego character trait as I do exactly the same. I hit the snooze button for at least an hour before I get up. I like the feeling of knowing that I can snooze for a little bit longer in the mornings. Ben doesn't share the same view as me but hey that is what married life is about...giving and taking,winning and loosing and sometimes getting even would do ..hehehe I must add that I don't have a barking dog as and alarm that will drive me "barking mad" I just have the typical beep sound.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I laughed about this post. Then I read it to my husband and he laughed too. I am the snooze button user in our household, but I am working on it. You don't realize how annoying some of your own habits are until you are married. :) Good luck with the dog! - Mariah Christensen

    ReplyDelete
  3. ha ha ha ha My hubby plays that same game with his alarm! Guess it's a guy thing. Good luck in Young Womens- you'll be wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am really impressed by your creativity. but confused by your statement, "teenage girls who are apart of our religion". "apart" means separated by a distance, and "a part" means a segment of something. I think you meant the latter, but non-members may be confused. :-)

    ReplyDelete