Friday, March 11, 2011

Pink Flamingos

Flamingos are my favorite animals. They always have been. I love the big pools at the zoo that are completely full of flamingos. I like them because they are silly and because they are pink and because they stand on one leg. Now that is funny! But yesterday, driving to work, I saw this:
Mind you, I don't like flamingos enough to put them all over my lawn. I'm still a little confused about the whole lawn flamingo thing anyway. Now, that's not to say that I wouldn't like one of these in my garden when I grow up:
My friend James is deathly afraid of gnomes and that makes me laugh. That's probably why I like them. I think I also like them because they remind me of the Scandinavian countries and those countries are some of my favorite places in the whole wide world. Mind you, I would like ONE garden gnome and it won't be very visible.

Speaking of, did I tell you that my husband is growing fresh sprouts for us to have on sandwiches? That is yummy. He is going to keep a beautiful garden for us someday. Did I also tell you that we had squash, zucchini, asparagus, strawberries, and Greek yogurt for dinner last night? Talk about a refreshing meal.

And just so you know, the pink flamingo lawn ornament is the official bird of Madison, Wisconsin.

2 comments:

  1. When we were little my parents used to go all the way to Swiss temple for a whole week. One time my mum came back with a gnome for the garden just like the one in your picture. We were the first ones to have gnomes in our garden so a lot of people used to stop just to have a look.
    She also wanted a pink flamingo for her garden but I couldn't find one for her so I bought her a massive bird to put in the garden. I had to bring the big thing on the plane, luckily it fitted in the suitcase :) I think she still has it but it has seen better days.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha! That is so wonderful! Maybe when we go to Spain for Christmas I will take a pink flamingo as my carry-on just for her. :) I love learning all of these little things about your family!

    ReplyDelete