Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Hellooooo!

Wow. Thank the heaven's above that the Comcast guy finally showed up today to get our internet hooked up. That's a relief. So we moved into a darling house that we are loving. Let me tell you...it is old. Like 60 or 70 years old (the exact date is unknown). We are working with a company called Homes in Transition and it is marvelous. We are basically partners in trying to get this home sold. So, here's how it works:

  1. Move in.
  2. Stage the apartment to make it look amazing
  3. Get out of the way during showings.
  4. Pay $140 per week in rent.
Brilliant.

So, I've spent the last three days playing home stager/interior designer (remember how I studied that in college for a quick second? This is a dream come true.)

We are having the best time having so much space! This house is possibly three times as big as our first apartment. It is incredible. We have a two car garage, a front yard, a back yard with a covered patio, three bedrooms, and two bathrooms.

Now, for the sake of memories let us also note that this swamp cooler isn't even blowing enough air to blow up a balloon and the kitchen sink won't drain because some crazy person poured white paint down it sometime before we moved in. I have been scrubbing the hardened paint off of the sink for the last three days. Lets hope Drain-o works some serious miracles. Oh ya, and there's no door on the bathroom in the master bedroom. Haha! Hello!

I will finish up with the staging tonight and then the professional comes in tomorrow morning at 9:30 to make sure it looks how it should. Timing is perfect because MOM COMES TO VISIT TOMORROW!!! And...drum roll...DAD COMES ON FRIDAY! I am seriously ecstatic. I have put off the job search and voice students so that I could spend every waking moment with them. I know we've only been gone for a little over a week but separation is no good. Aren't I lucky that my parents would come a visit so soon? I'm thrilled.

Once the final staging is over I will post some pictures of this cute place. We love it and the excitement of the unknown is fun. (Did I mention that once this house is sold we have to move out? Possibly only 2 weeks notice! Homes in Transition will then place us in another home to stage OR we can just move onto something else...I hear there's no better time to buy.)

We'll see :)

p.s. I really like this city.

2 comments:

  1. So great to hear about the place. I hope you have taken pics.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to see pictures of the house! Even better, I can't to VISIT you guys at your house in a few weeks! I'm glad your parents were able to see you so soon. Nothing's sweeter than having your parents in town after being away from them for a while.

    ReplyDelete