Monday, October 31, 2011

A New Mexican Halloween

Let me just say that we have eaten more pumpkin in the last 24 hours than most people consume in a year.  Here's a review of the menu beginning with Sunday dinner:

Turkey Pumpkin Chili...Amazing.  Click on the picture for the recipe.
Pinned Image
My mother is a really wonderful bread maker and this, ladies and gentlemen, is the ugliest loaf of bread ever known to man.  I had to post it just to show my mother...try not to be super embarrassed of me.  Javi says there is an object lesson in this loaf of bread.  It is super hideous but delicious.  Oh Javi.  I'll just wait to hear that one in sacrament meeting.
Halloween Brunch was Pumpkin Pancakes: (For the recipe click on the picture.)
Lunch didn't happen because of all the Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookie dough I ate while baking them.

Dinner was an absolute success. Perhaps setting a new standard for my cooking abilities.  I would dare say it is the number one best meal I've made in my married career.  Husband agrees.

Pumpkin Sausage Pasta.  Again, click the pic for the recipe.
Picture of Pasta with Pumpkin and Sausage Recipe
Parmesan Bread Knots.  Easy Peasy and Amazing.  (You guessed it...click the pic)
Pinned Image
The plate I took to the Jave between news casts.  He was a happy camper especially because I also dropped off two dozen of his FAVORITE cookies to share with his friends.
Now for the costumes:
I was a zombie.  A scary/bloody one.
Lots of Zombies at the Branch Halloween Party.  All the Young Women dressed as Zombies because we dance the Thriller dance.  
Javi dressed up as a New Anchor.  Actually, he's dressed in his Happy Halloween outfit (I'm a believer that you need a new outfit for every holiday...it's a problem.)
Now for the twins: Asher was Batman and Gage was...Batman.  Gage was supposed to be Captain American but thought that two Batman's would be better than one.
Asher:
Gage:
And a special treat from the Javi.  This happened at one of our favorite thrift stores on Saturday date day:
A new friend from stake choir brought these over this morning.  Red velvet cake bites.  Holy cow.  Sweet Tooth Fairy...watch out.
Happy Halloween Everyone.
Bring on the HOLIDAYS!!!!  Fa-la-la-la-la!!!

1 comment:

  1. What a fabulous Halloween! I love that you did so many pumpkin things, and I love even more that you get new outfits for every holiday. That makes me smile. :)

    ReplyDelete